Statement of commitment
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about you. It may range from the sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. address or phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience, qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements. Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
How will your information be collected?
Personal information will be collected from you when you submit any information in connection with your application to us for registration. Personal information will also be collected when:
- you attend an interview with Simple. Recruitment or are interviewed by other means by one of our staff
- we receive any reference about you
- we receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body
- we receive the results of any competency or medical test
- we receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative)
- we receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace
- we receive any information about a workplace accident or incident in which you are involved
- we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved
- we receive a response from a job advertisement either written, verbal or email
- we receive the outcomes of a psychological assessment
- you provide us with any additional information about yourself including banking, taxation, superannuation and other details in relation to the payroll function
You can visit our website and browse without the need to disclose any personal information. You may forward an email to us via the email link in our website. The information collected through this email will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it. We will add your details to our database, unless you have specified that we do not do so. We will not disclose or use your information for any other purpose other than the intended one.
How will your information be used?
Your personal information may be used in connection with:
- your actual or possible work placement
- payment for work completed on a temporary or contract assignment
- your performance appraisals
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- our identification of your training needs
- any workplace rehabilitation
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal information
Who may your personal information be disclosed to?
Your personal information may be disclosed to:
- potential and actual employers and clients of Simple. Recruitment
- other areas of Simple. Recruitment
- our insurers
- a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal information
- a Workers Compensation body
- our contractors and suppliers (e.g. our I.T. providers)
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
If you do not give us the information we seek we may be limited in our ability to place you in work.
Security of your personal information
Your personal information will only be stored electronically by us. Simple. Recruitment utilises databases which meet the most stringent privacy and security standards in the world.
Access to your information to correct it if it is wrong
Subject to some exceptions which are set out in the National Privacy Principles, you have a right to see and have a copy of personal information about you that we hold. If you are able to establish that personal information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If we are unable to agree that personal information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction, please contact us on the details shown below.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have concerns about your personal information. We are contactable by phone (0411 124 471), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or post (PO Box 803, Unley SA 5061).